[ excerpts ]
In the midst of my ankle madness, I forgot to tell you all about the little phone conversation that happened on Mothers' Day with my Grandma. Here's how it went.
Me: Happy Mothers' Day!
Grandma: Thank you m'dear! Same to - . Oh haha, I was about to say 'same to you'!
Me: *weak laughter* Uh....heh....yes, how.....strange.
Grandma: (in all seriousness) Well, you don't have a lot of time Nicole, I want great-grandchildren.
Me: But I haven't even been 20 for two months!! I'm not even in uni yet! Wait another 10 years, okay?
Grandma: Who knows, I might not be around then to see you get married and have kids.
Me: Oh don't be silly. 'Course you will. *trails of rambling and changing subject and swiftly passing the phone to my sisters to talk to her*
That was scary! At least now I've come to appreciate my Granddad's little subtleties like "Got a boyfriend, Nic?" "Hows your 'social life', Nic?" "Made any 'new friends' lately, Nic?" - mind you, this happens every holiday - Christmas, New Year's, Easter, not to mention all the family birthdays.
And this one with Matt just 10 minutes ago.
Me: My ankle and foot's about the size of a small island.
Matt: That's so cool! Do you have to pay land tax?
Me: ??!?!?!?!?!?!
Other than my (nutsy but endearing) friends and folks, I guess not a whole lot's been going on. Shit's being going on in the house but when the hell does it not?
Bitch out.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Previous Posts
- [ csdjfcsdbcvj ]I sprained my ankle today, for the...
- [ after a gazillion years ]After a little reminder...
- [ last resort ] Sometimes I find that I wake up ...
- [ pre-bedtime rambles ]Tralalalala...Am waiting fo...
- [ pics! ]Here's a couple...the big arse flower fro...
- [ skanky and proud of it ]Truth be told, I cannot ...
- [ oldness! ]Seeing as how I am Officially Old tomo...
- [ my star is fading ]This time it's really drained...
- [ thought for the day ]Courtesy of my good friend ...
- [ no subject ]A little tribute to my word and line...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

1 Comments:
Poor bebi :(
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home